Every Yiddish translation project is unique! We are happy to provide you with a free quote for any project as soon as you send us a quality scan of your document.
As a guideline, here are our general translation rates for Yiddish into English:
- Printed Yiddish Material: 12-16 cents a word
- Standard, readable Handwritten documents: 19-21 cents a word
- Hard-to-read, non-standard or poorly preserved handwritten documents: 22-25 cents a word
- Special situations, such as poetry, literature, and Yiddish that is heavily mixed with other languages will be priced on a individual basis.
- We also translate most other languages spoken by the Jews of Europe, including Russian, Polish, German, Hebrew, etc. Rates are available on request
- OCR scanning of printed texts (e.g. Yizkor books: $180-$280)
- Minimum price for small jobs: postcards $50, letters $90
- Transcription and translation of Yiddish audio is priced by the hour
Read real testimonials from some of our many satisfied customers.
Contact us today to discuss your Yiddish translation project!